Back Where I started?

On the 2nd June 2008 I wrote my first post on the now archived Scarlet Blue blog, it read as follows: Exposition, don't you just love it? And since 2008 I have indeed exposed an awful lot. I created several Blogspot blogs; jumped ship to WordPress; tinkered on Instagram; flirted with Facebook, and decided against SquareSpace [it gave me a 24hr headache when I tried to use it as a gallery for my calligraphy]. 

The question is: why can't I sit still? I was actually on WordPress.org in 2006/7 and it was a very lonely experience, hence the first move to Blogspot. 
I like fresh blogs - who knows what's going to unfold?! Who knows what characters I am going to meet?!!

Anyhow, I am writing this post simply to find out if I can still get Blogger to work for me. What will my photos look like? Does it feel comfortable? Can I upload a photo? Will I ever get used to the crazy formatting? Does it feel like coming home?





10 comments:

  1. And this is how the comment box looks...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Ms Scarlet! It all looks rather stylish indeed... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jon!! I've nearly got it sussed - but there is no rush. I like how this of the peg colour scheme is similar to my original Scarlet Blue Blog. Yes, it is almost like home!
      Sx

      Delete
  3. It's rather nice here, isn't it? All cool, uncluttered and magnolia ... a bit echoey at the moment, though. Perhaps you could get some rugs or something. I'm expecting great things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anon….is that you, Mr Batarde? I am faffing with it and have made a mess! I think this Theme might be too minimalist for me!
      Sx

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I wonder if it will let me in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have passed the security checks, Dinah, welcome!
      Sx

      Delete
  5. Hey this has that new car smell. Virtual refurbishing just takes time and typing.
    My blog is on your sidebar - great and thanks.
    I was surprised that you already had a handful of posts up here. I'm heading over to the latest one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill - Oh these were just ‘getting a feel for it’ sort of posts to make sure I could remember how to use Blogger. I also needed to choose a theme - I went through several, and make sure that I could upload a sharp picture - thanks to Jon I can.
      It’s changed quite a bit since I used it last, but it’s certainly not as bonkers as the block editing on WordPress, which I really can’t be bothered to learn.
      Sx

      Delete
  6. So, does it feel like coming home?

    ReplyDelete

Hello!