Today's date: Weds 15th July 2026
Set post date to 14th July 2026 on post settings.
There is actually a new feature to set a date - maybe it's this that is buggering things up on Blogger. See the post settings stuff on the right. Maybe don't use 'Automatic', or vice versa - who knows?!!
I will publish this and see what happens.
Arrived in my Feedly Blog Reader immediately!
ReplyDeleteI am not actually on my own sideboard! I might add myself.
Sx
Ha!! Adding feeds to the blog roll seems to have changed as well. There are options for feeds - so this might cause issues. When I added my own blog to my sideboard I chose 'Use feed URL and its title'.
ReplyDeleteSx
And this TEST post has immediately shown up on my sideboard.
DeleteLet me look at Jon's blog on my sideboard...
Sx
I changed Jon's feed in settings and he immediately appeared on my sideboard. Let's see how this plays out for when he next posts.
ReplyDeleteSx
Ack - I changed Maddie's feed - but it had no effect.
ReplyDeleteSx
It could even be the 'https' bit. Bob always seems to show up on my sideboard and he uses 'http' and not 'https'.
ReplyDeleteI am just musing on all possibilities.
Sx
Likewise - Kylie.
DeleteSx
Congratulations, Ms Scarlet! I don't use an external feed, but I do often use the date setting. In my experience neither setting a date not using the "Automatic" default setting makes much difference to the time a post takes to appear in the Blogger Reading List. It's random. Jx
ReplyDeleteIf you have any ideas that you'd like me to try then just ask.
DeleteSx
I'm as out of ideas as you are. Some posts appear within a reasonable amount of time, and some end up stuck, only to appear in the Reading List when they're a day old. As I have said here and in comments elsewhere, I have tried post-dating them, pre-setting them to appear at a later stage, posting them as "Automatic", posting using "HTML view" and "Compose view", adding text in and republishing, taking text out and republishing, removing all labels and republishing, adding new labels, publishing a new "TEST" post, deleting said "TEST" post, changing the feed settings from "Full" to "Until jump break" and back again - nothing seems to make one iota of difference... Jx
DeletePS I use Firefox, and that has a setting to "force https" on all links in my posts and for sites in any of my widgets in the sidebar. Switching that on and off makes no difference either.
Jon - Wow, that’s frustrating. I use Safari, and Chrome - the issue seems widespread and Blogger have known about it for a couple of months now.
DeleteI shall keep trying - though you seem to have covered everything!
Sx
Every time a "lag" happens, I report it via "send feedback" (the question mark icon top right of the Reading List page), sometimes twice or more - not that I ever expect a reply, but I am a great believer in nagging 😜. Jx
DeleteI don't understand any of this....but I know you know what your talking about and your brilliant for trying. You receive three gold stars, two princess points, and a Roche Ferro!!
ReplyDeleteMistress Maddie - There's got to be a work-around to this Blogroll fiasco, there just has to be. I thought Google would have sorted it by now, it's gone on for too long.
ReplyDeleteWhat I found interesting was that your blog address begins with 'https' but my Blogroll had it as 'http' - I've corrected my blogroll feed and see if that makes any difference - probably not!
My hunch is that blogs that stuck with 'http' are still updating correctly - that's what I'm looking into at the moment - it's just a stab in the dark really, but I have to start somewhere.
Thanks for the chocolate, and the accolades - I probably don't deserve them yet!!
Sxx
Nope - scrub that theory! Bob has updated - he made it to my Feedly reader, but not my Blogroll.
DeleteSx
I shall continue to look for patterns!
DeleteSx
I spotted that Maddie posted yesterday and that's not shown up! Jx
DeleteJon - It’s just insane! The only other thing I’ve noticed is that those who publish daily, or almost daily, have more of a problem - your tubes get blocked up by slow moving blog posts - it’s like you have blog constipation!
DeleteSx
Maybe I'll try a post about Syrup of Figs - do you think that might help? Jx
DeleteJon - Well you’ve tried everything else!
DeleteSx
Also - Madam Arcati only posts once, sometimes twice a month, and his last garden post was stuck in the system for TWO DAYS! His more recent one about West Country beaches, however, took hardly any time at all to show up. Jx
DeleteJon - Another theory to put a cross through then!
DeleteSx
This is all Greek to me. I have no tech issues with my blog. I just publish my posts and that's that.
ReplyDeleteIt's good that you haven't noticed, Nick. It's about a feed lag meaning that freshly published posts might not be noticed by any of your readers for hours, and sometimes days. It's frustrating and annoying, especially for bloggers that post daily, or more regularly than we do.
DeleteSx
Yes, I guess I haven't noticed because I don't rely on notifications, I just regularly check in to other blogs. The only notification I get is from your own blog as your posts are so occasional.
ReplyDeleteNick - I like to keep you on your toes, and who knows whether I'm going to pop up here, or on my WordPress blog?!
DeleteSx
Oh! I'm getting too damn' old to keep faffing about with all this nonsense! This didn't even show up ! I did prefer Wordpress, but they wanted me to upgrade from a free site to paid!
ReplyDeleteDinah - No worries - this isn’t a proper post - just a ramble about the ongoing Blogger issues.
DeleteIgnore the emails from WordPress - I just got one myself asking if I was ready to upgrade my site to a business plan!! Haha, as if I want, or could afford, that!!! I delete those messages and continue with my free site.
Sx
Dinah - try your WordPress site - it probably still works!
DeleteSx
Yes, I will...maybe later today. Being a Saturday, we had a late and leisurely breakfast and I see more fog rolling up from the estuary...so it might be stay inside and write sort of day.
ReplyDeleteYou posted on WordPress! Excellent!
DeleteSx
In times of difficulties there'll be a YouTube video to help address such issues. I'm afraid you lost me at post settings.
ReplyDeleteWe wish, Mitzi!
DeleteSx
Today's date: Monday 27 July 2026, 7pm. Mr DeVice posted an update about his garden on Saturday - and that still hasn't shown up in the Reading List! Jx
ReplyDeleteJon, I know it’s gotten even more laggy lately. I’m glad I have the Feedly reader.
DeleteSx